Email marketing is one of the most important tools in a marketer’s toolbox. It’s a versatile way to reach out to customers and prospects, build relationships, and drive sales.
But with so much email marketing software out there, it can be tough to know where to start.
That brings us to SendX.
SendX is an email marketing software solution designed to help you build your email list, create scalable email campaigns, and automate your email marketing efforts. But, how reliable is it, and what kind of features does it have to offer?
In today’s review, we’ll take a closer look at SendX, exploring its top features and pricing plans. We’ll also discuss some of its pros and cons.
- SendX Review & Product Details
- What is SendX?
- SendX Review – Overview
- Why use SendX?
- Send Review – Features of SendX Explained
- Who is SendX Good for?
- SendX is not recommended for:
- SendX Review – Customer Support Team
- SendX Pricing Options
- SendX: Pros and Cons
- How to Create Emails and Campaigns on SendX
- How to Track Report and Analysis on SendX
- SendX Integrations
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Conclusion: SendX Review
- SendX Review: Email Software
- SendX FAQs
SendX Review & Product Details
Detailed SendX reviews are understandably hard to come by.
Luckily for you, however, we’ve taken the time to assess this e-mail marketing service in detail, and here’s a comprehensive SendX review – complete with helpful insights into its marketing features, automation capabilities, contact management tools, as well as pricing.
That said, you might be wondering why the heck would anyone be interested in an email marketing solution like SendX yet there are numerous smart and established options such as MailChimp, AWeber, and ActiveCampaign.
SendX has only been around since 2016 as a software solution while MailChimp and the likes have specialized in email marketing automation for decades now.
Fair enough. That’s a good comparison. But, here’s the thing about the dominant and established email marketing services. They tend to attract an incredibly large number of users.
MailChimp, for instance, offers a permanently free plan that has won it more than 18 million users and still counting. That’s good for the company, I’ll admit. But then again, let’s face it- it comes with increased responsibilities.
Think about it. Hosting such an overwhelmingly huge volume of users is anything but easy. You can bet MailChimp doesn’t have the time and resources to focus on every single user’s email deliverability. Hence, it’s normal to experience minor glitches from time to time.
Now that’s precisely where the less popular email marketing services come in. SendX happens to be one of the few that are progressively rising because of their strategic approaches to email marketing.
And while it prides itself on many things, SendX is particularly recognized for its user-user friendliness, plus its Opti-Send software tool for maximizing email deliverability.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. From its website, I admit that SendX seems to offer enough features to get you interested right off the bat. So, let’s find out what it’s truly made of through this unbiased SendX review.
What is SendX?
SendX is an Intuitive, Affordable & Feature-rich Email Marketing Software for marketers & business owners. SendX prides itself on enabling marketers with one of the simplest UIs in the industry. SendX provides unlimited email sends with every plan, powerful automation capabilities, 24×7 live support, best of breed email deliverability.
3000+ companies worldwide trust SendX for their Email Marketing. Start with 14 days free trial (no credit card required). Pricing starts at $7.49/per month.
Key Features & Benefits:
– Send Unlimited Email Campaigns
– Build Your Email List with forms and pop-ups
– Powerful Automation Tools
– Design with Drag & Drop Email Editor (no coding required)
– Best Of Breed Email Deliverability (get emails delivered in the primary inbox
– Free Migration Service (we will migrate your email marketing account from any ESP for free)
– Trusted by 3000+ companies worldwide
– 14 days Free Trial (no credit card required, instant setup).
SendX Review – Overview
According to SendX: “We’re not here to police what you send to your list. We’re here for the good guys building legitimate subscriber bases — regardless of which industry you’re in, including ones who get unfairly banned like cryptocurrency & blockchain, gambling, cannabis, supplements, afﬁliate marketing, and so many others.”
SendX is an Intuitive, Affordable & Feature-rich Email Marketing Software for marketers & business owners. It enables users to send unlimited email campaigns, build email lists, design emails using a drag-and-drop editor, email automation, and sequences. SendX also provides 24×7 Live Support, a free migration service from any ESP, a bundle of responsive email templates, and half a million stock free images for your email campaigns. Yearly and monthly pricing plans are available. Support is offered via email, online chat, and over the phone.
Why use SendX?
SendX is a cloud-based email marketing software that has gained massive popularity as a Convertkit alternative. Despite being one of the cheapest email marketing software, SendX comes with power-packed features that provide deep insights pertaining to user behavior and let you automate your email marketing campaigns. You can also use it to personalize communication, schedule emails, create lists that auto-update, and do much more.
Its innovative features also make it one of the most recommended alternatives to MailChimp, which is no longer a standalone email marketing software. At present, MailChimp is in the process of rebranding itself as a digital marketing suite, from its previous image of an email marketing software. This change is definitely going to come with a hefty price tag — a reason why small businesses need to look out for alternatives to MailChimp. On the whole, SendX and its many features are designed to fill in these gaps and provide you with a comprehensive email marketing solution.
Send Review – Features of SendX Explained
SendX is an intuitive email marketing software solution established in 2016. It’s pretty user-friendly and focuses on providing a simple, reliable email marketing software solution.
SendX offers a feature-rich setup that mostly targets the beginner marketer who doesn’t have advanced email marketing training. However, it’s also optimized for people who appreciate a simplified email marketing tool efficiently built to grow email lists and scale effective email campaigns.
Here’s a comprehensive review of its key features:
Email Contact Tagging and Segmentation
The SendX email marketing software makes it very easy to tag and segment your email list. This is critical because email list segmentation supports personalization which increases engagements and conversions.
The software allows you to segment your list based on various triggers. For example, you can segment your list based on contact behaviors. You could have the most engaged recipients on one segment and the least engaged on a separate email list segment, for instance.
Moreover, it lets you segment your list based on the custom properties of your choice.
Automation is necessary to scale email marketing campaigns. That’s why SendX developers were keen to provide several automation capabilities. For starters, you can automate repetitive emails like anniversary campaigns such as birthday emails.
Moreover, you can set automatic onboarding emails and even RSS updates to alert your email subscribers when your latest blog post goes live.
The automation feature will prove resourceful when building email drip campaigns. It’ll help you set up drip campaigns such as welcome email sequences, cart abandonment emails, etc.
Ease of Use
Since SendX prides itself on providing exceptionally simplified email marketing, I was pretty curious about its overall usability. We’ve seen quite a number of marketing software coming with similar claims only to disappoint when it comes to the real thing.
Well, it turns out that’s not the case with SendX. This solution seems to be pretty serious about user-friendliness, and it’s not willing to compromise that for anything.
As a matter of fact, SendX attempts to make everything simple right from the start. You’ll notice that onboarding begins as soon as you sign up for the 14-day trial. Then throughout the period, SendX will keep sending you pointers on how to properly capitalize on the platform’s tools.
You could also take advantage of its demo offer and have SendX’s support team walking you through the entire platform, as well as its email marketing tools. In my honest opinion, however, I guess you wouldn’t need that since SendX’s system is pleasantly simple and intuitive.
Yes, that’s right, SendX has a pretty smooth user interface. It’s designed to be extremely easy to use while providing a consistently rich user experience. In fact, there’s no learning curve here, even for beginner marketers. So, expect to understand all the basics right off the bat.
The main dashboard, for instance, is not only neat and clutter-free but will also help you get started on creating mailings lists and the corresponding email marketing campaigns.
Then during the campaign, the dashboard will display real-time performance metrics. Consequently, you should be able to conveniently track the overall progress of your marketing efforts from the home screen every time you log in.
It doesn’t end there though. SendX goes beyond the dashboard and applies a similarly simple design approach to its marketing tools. As a result, it doesn’t take much to design emails, call-to-action pop-ups, landing pages, or signup forms. SendX combines pre-built templates with a straightforward editor for smooth and quick customization.
So, all in all, we can confirm that SendX is quite handy when you need to quickly set up an automated campaign for your sales leads (lead generation).
When it comes to contact management, SendX happens to provide tools for building your mailing list, importing contacts, as well as organizing the resultant contact information.
If you ever need to expand your contact base, for example, you can take advantage of SendX’s sign-up forms, landing pages, and popups. The platform offers a wide variety of professionally designed templates for sliders, scroll boxes, welcome mats, hello bars, etc. So, it’s only a matter of choosing the most appropriate ones and then tweaking their features.
For the best possible results, however, you should consider capitalizing on SendX’s targeting capabilities. You can use them to display personalized popups based on clicks, page scrolls, surfing time, exit intent, etc. That’s how you get to attract multiple signups on a regular basis.
In addition to that, it’s possible to import contacts from external sources. SendX allows you to create a bulk contact list by simply uploading the information through a CSV file.
The process is as simple as navigating to the “Contacts” area and then clicking “New List”. From the subsequent list of options, you should then choose “Import Contacts” and voila!
SendX basically lets you choose the CSV file from your PC directories and then it proceeds to upload it.
However, when the process is complete, you still have to do the mapping to systematically organize the contact information lifted from the CSV files. That, in short, means specifying the type of details on each column, in order to set up well-structured contact profiles.
And speaking of which, the contact profiles on SendX can accommodate a wide range of details. You can view your subscribers’ names, email addresses, company names, etc.
Plus, you can also go ahead and access advanced details like their lead sources and the corresponding long term values. I found this to be particularly helpful in identifying the highest-converting traffic sources and high-ROI customers,
Other than that, you could customize the default contact profiles by introducing your own custom fields. SendX provides dynamic editing capabilities for users that might want to set up extra information fields and tags.
Ok, now that we’ve mentioned them, how exactly do you use tags on SendX?
Well, tags are essentially used to define contacts based on common events, interests, or actions. Consequently, you end up creating multiple lists that you could conveniently leverage for personalized campaigns and automation.
Another grouping approach you could use on the platform is segmentation. This simply entails segregating contacts and placing them in groups based on specific attribute rules. You could, for example, combine multiple related tags to form one segment of contacts, which you can then target with automated campaigns.
Drag-and-drop Email Editor
Creating emails doesn’t have to be so time-consuming. Not in with modern tools like drag-and-drop editors. SendX offers a powerful email editor to help you set up your email campaigns within minutes. The editor lets you drag and drop different elements within your emails. You can also add images conveniently to enhance your email copywriting and your emails to life. Oh, and they provide more than 500,000 free stock photos.
If you’re not feeling like starting from scratch, the platform has a vast template library. The library has more than 1,500 pre-made email templates to choose from. You can pick any template you like and customize it with the editor to align it with your overall branding style.
According to a 2018 report by Statista, 43 percent of emails are opened via mobile devices. That means you must create mobile-friendly emails for your campaign to succeed. Thankfully, SendX creates mobile-ready emails.
Email A/B Testing Tools
The A/B email split test involves sending different email variations to different email subscribers to check which one performs better.
A/B split testing helps the brand increase email open rates, engagement rates, and overall email marketing ROI. For best results, you can measure elements like subject lines, CTAs, email copy, etc.
SendX supports all these tests helping you optimize your email campaigns for the best results. In addition, it gives you tons of analytics, from click-throughs and total opens to unique clicks and heatmaps.
For example, in a sample SendX A/B test, here’s one email with an image:
The second email without the image:
Such a test will help you determine how your recipients react to different email formats.
Email List Building Tools
Finally, SendX gives you the tools you need to build your email list. The platform offers over 50 forms and landing page templates to grow your email list. These templates are well-tested and optimized for increased conversions.
Setting up the landing page and the popup forms is also pretty easy. You can use a WordPress plugin or embed the forms on your live website in just a few clicks.
Who is SendX Good for?
If you are looking for easy-to-use software- SendX software is a breeze to use and perfect for beginners getting started in email marketing. On top of having great support to assist you when you get stuck, you can easily create automated email campaigns as soon as you purchase the software.
If you are looking for custom HTML options- SendX allows you to import HTML templates, but first, you have to change your drag-and-drop editor to a plain text editor. SendX has resources that show you exactly how to make these changes. HTML templates are beneficial since you can create your designs exactly the way you want them.
If you are looking for easy migration: When you move from one email marketing software to another, it can sometimes be challenging, but SendX does everything for you, and a bonus is they do it for free.
SendX is not recommended for:
If you are looking for a free plan- I was a bit disappointed to see that SendX does not offer a free plan but rather a 14-day free trial which I don’t think is enough time to decide if you like the software. However, for $9.99, you can use all SendX features as long as your subscribers stay under 1000 contacts.
If you are looking for CRM- SendX does not have built-in CRM, but you can integrate other CRM software with the SendX platform. Integrating another platform could mean that you will spend more money since advanced CRM does not come cheap.
SendX Review – Customer Support Team
Going by the high level of competition in the email marketing space, it’s becoming increasingly important for SaaS solutions to streamline their customer support. Only a few services that have optimized their support continue to perform favorably against the rest.
Well, you can bet SendX isn’t willing to be outshined by its competitors in this sector. Its customer support system is well-optimized to offer you all the help you need at the right time.
More specifically, you have the option of getting in touch with its support staff and support team via email, live chat, or phone. And the best thing is, you can reach out to them at any time since they are accessible 24/7 for any paid customer.
The SendX knowledge base, however, is a different story. While SendX has taken the time to compile an array of articles and tutorials, they are not as comprehensive as you’d hope.
I noticed that it lacks some vital documentation here and there. But then again, I guess the company needs more time to completely seal all the loopholes in its knowledge base.
The other advantage of SendX is that they have been quite responsive (so far) to customer feedback and suggestions for improvements. This is the advantage of a younger marketing tool with more to prove!
SendX Pricing Options
SendX offers monthly and annual plans. The prices also vary depending on your email list size. The cheapest plan starts at $7.49 per month. This supports up to 1,000 email subscribers. On the bright side, it supports unlimited emails per month and all features the tool has to offer.
Meanwhile, the most expensive package goes for $44.99 per month. It also comes with all features and supports between 10,000 and 15,000 subscribers.
Looking at these prices, it’s clear that SendX is more affordable than most other email marketing software solutions. It also comes with a 14-day free trial. No credit card is required.
SendX: Pros and Cons
Like any other platform, SendX has its pros and cons. Let’s go through the pros first.
- Quite affordable.
- Offers unlimited emails across all plans.
- Free migration for some clients.
- It provides advanced analytics.
- It has dedicated IPs.
- It lets you resend emails to recipients who didn’t open your emails in a single click.
- Seamless integration with other apps like Zappier.
- Only offers 24/5 customer support
- There’s a slight learning curve when using tags and some automation features.
- Templates for drip campaigns could be more
How to Create Emails and Campaigns on SendX
When I first tested out SendX I wanted to know how easily I could create a campaign.
The drag-and-drop editor makes it very simple to start building. You can speed up the process even more if you take advantage of SendX’s library of pre-made email templates.
To send out a one-time email is simple. You will start by going to the “Campaigns” option in the navigation bar.
You will see two options to choose from, but you can click on the “Create your first Newsletter Campaign” option.
After this, you will have to name your email and add your “From” information before moving on to the next section where you will choose your email template.
Now it is time to select your template. For this example, I chose the “Traveler” template.
Once you have chosen your template, you will be taken to the drag-and-drop editor. There you can enter your subject line at the top and find your drag-and-drop editor on the right-hand side.
To edit a section on your email template, you can just double-click on the item and your item settings will appear. For instance, if you want to replace an image, double-click on the image and you will get an option to upload or choose a new image.
Once your email is customized to your liking, you can review your email or send a test to yourself.
If you are happy and ready to send your email, you can move on to the next step by clicking on the “next: recipients” button.
You will now have the option to choose the list of contacts that you wish to send your email to. After this, you can schedule or send your email immediately.
Creating and Importing Email Lists – SendX enables you to easily create and import your contacts and email list. You can import your contacts from a CSV file either by clicking the “upload” button or by using the drag-and-drop feature. You will get an email from SendX telling you the total number of contacts uploaded as well as highlighting the duplicates.
To start with the list creation process, you will navigate to the “contacts” option on your navigation menu.
You will then be transferred to a section where you will see that a list has already been created with your contact used to sign up. To edit the name on this list, click on the 3 dots on the right and click edit.
To create a new list, you will go to the “new list” option at the right-hand top corner and follow the instructions.
After this, you will have to name your list and choose to submit a new list.
Click on the “Import Contacts” option and upload your contact list file.
Select the CSV fields of your choice and click on “Import Contacts”.
The software also allows you to boost conversions and open rates with the SendX 1-Click Resend to Un-openers feature.
The Smart Send feature lets you optimize your campaigns by sending emails based on click behavior and past opens while the Geo feature enables you to send your campaigns based on selected geographical locations.
- Emails Sent/Opens and Links Clicked—Every time you send an email campaign, a report is generated. You can view the total number of sent and delivered emails, unique opens and total opens, unique and total clicks, and bounce rate. You can also see the total number of people that have not opened your emails and much more information that you can use to optimize your campaigns.
- Deliverability Rates and Delivery by Time Zone—SendX offers its users multiple features such as the PostMark Spam Check, Mail Tester, and Litmus Spam filter tests, all of which offer suggestions on how to prevent emails from going into the recipient’s spam folder. With DKIM and SPF, all emails sent are digitally signed which also keeps them from landing in the spam folder. You can also create and schedule drip sequences to send your campaigns in the recipient’s time zone.
- Creating and Importing Email Lists—SendX enables you to easily create and import your contacts and email list. You can import your contacts from a CSV file either by clicking the “upload” button or by using the drag-and-drop feature. You will get an email from SendX telling you the total number of contacts uploaded as well as highlighting the duplicates.
- Split Tests A/B Testing—I found the SendX A/B testing feature to be simple to use, requiring only a few straightforward steps. The feature creates different variations of your email campaign and sends it to a segment of your email list. The results from the A/B tests will show you which campaign outperforms the others and helps you make the changes and adjust accordingly.
- Personalization—SendX offers you basic personalization tools using various tags. You can also create custom fields for your email list and tweak them to make your email campaigns more engaging. You can even go a step further with the SendX advanced personalization which gives you even more options to fine-tune your content based on segment preferences and individualized subscriber lists.
How to Track Report and Analysis on SendX
The metrics you can view are useful in improving the effectiveness of your campaigns going forward. However, the lack of social media integrations means that SendX only scores a 4.
SendX offers you a number of different reporting and analytics features. You can see the results of your email campaigns and how they are performing and use the data to improve the click rates and conversions.
I was able to view the open rates, deliverables, unsubscribed list, and more. You can also segment your email list based on your customer actions.
- Engagement Reports— SendX engagement reports provide you with data on how your email list is interacting with your email campaigns, including click-throughs, total opens, total clicks, and unique clicks and opens. You also have multiple options to increase the email open rates such as segmenting your email list and sending customer-specific campaigns. SendX’S CR tracking feature can help you see whether your conversions are going up.
- Heat Maps—You can make use of the SendX heatmap feature to monitor your different campaigns. This allows you to visually see which links have the most interactions. By focusing your efforts on the most popular links you can increase conversions. I found the SendX heat map feature to be easy and fast to use.
- Campaign Comparison Report— While SendX doesn’t have a special campaign comparison reporting feature with graphics and tools as you can find on other platforms, you can use the A/B testing feature to compare the results from the different email campaigns.
- Segmentation—the SendX segmentation feature allows you to segregate your email list based on different conditions. I didn’t have much trouble sending targeted email campaigns to a group of contacts. I also found the SendX segmentation feature useful in analyzing certain behaviors about my contact list such as people who have opened my emails in the last month.
- Social Media Tracking—I could not find any integrations for social media tracking which is unfortunate when you consider the power of social media in boosting your email campaigns.
- ROI analysis—The SendX conversion tracking features lets you see which of your email campaigns are getting the most attention. The data will help you make small tweaks that maximize your rate of investment.
SendX’s integration capabilities were impressive, spanning CRM systems to social media, earning the system a perfect score of 5.
Proper email marketing software needs to integrate easily with different plugins to be able to maximize your email marketing potential. I was happy to find that SendX could connect with multiple integrations such as payment gateways and CRMs.
The Zapier integration, for example, allows you to connect SendX with over 1000 other apps. If you are using a WordPress site, you can easily connect SendX using the Email Marketing by SendX plugin which you can use to send pop-ups on the site.
- Google Analytics—This is the best app for tracking the traffic on your website. You will need to create a landing page and then log in to your Google Analytics account to connect to the landing page in a few steps. Connecting lets you see how your users interact with your website after clicking through your emails.
- Ecommerce Tools— I liked the fact that you can connect SendX with any of the major eCommerce platforms including Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Magento. Using Zapier you can find several different integrations for each eCommerce platform. What’s more, is that the process is simple and quick.
- CRM integrations—SendX offers CRM tools such as Agile, Microsoft Dynamics 365, and Zapier, all of which enable you to create more personalized email campaigns that cater to the needs of your customers. As with most integrations that I tested, connecting your CRM integrations takes just a few minutes.
- Social Media Integrations—Zapier gives you access to over 1500 integrations which you can connect with SendX. You do not need prior coding experience to integrate SendX and Facebook Lead Ads or Instagram Lead Ads.
- Apps—The SendX Zapier integration opens a whole new world with over 1500 apps at your disposal. The NeverBounce app, for instance, allows you to verify the authenticity of your contacts’ email addresses while the Google Sheets apps enable you to easily and quickly update your contact list on SendX.
- Plugins— SendX offers plugins that are simple to download and install. For instance, The WordPress plugin made it easy for me to send widgets and pop-ups which ultimately helped me grow my mailing list.
Email Marketing Best Practices
What are the best practices for email marketing? How can you make sure your messages stand out in a crowded inbox?
Here are some tips to get you started:
Keep it personal Customers appreciate emails that feel personalized – like they were written just for them. Include the customer’s name in the subject line and throughout the body of the email whenever possible. You can also segment your list so that you send different messages to different groups of people based on their interests or purchase history. This ensures that everyone feels like they’re getting something tailored just for them – which makes them more likely to engage with your message (and buy from you!).
Make it mobile-friendly – With over half of all emails being opened on mobile devices these days, it’s crucial that your messages look good on smaller screens. That means using short, punchy subject lines; clear calls-to-action; and large, easy-to-click buttons or links. If you want people to read (and act on) your emails when they’re on the go, make sure they’re optimized for mobile viewing.
Conclusion: SendX Review
SendX is not a perfect email marketing software. It does have a few issues, as highlighted above. However, it also has several things going for it. For one, all features are available across all pricing plans. The only difference is the number of subscribers supported.
The platform is also affordable and quite user-friendly. Plus, it offers decent features like smart email list segmentation & management, an intuitive drag-and-drop email editor, A/B testing tools, and seamless integrations.
Going by the features we’ve discussed, it seems SendX is doing a great job when it comes to simple email marketing.
Building email marketing campaigns, for starters, is easy thanks to the drag-and-drop editor. Then contact management tools, on the other hand, perform all the basic organization and grouping tasks, while the automation builder helps you conveniently set up drip campaigns.
But, if you’re an advanced marketer who prefers leveraging extensively dynamic automation sequences, SendX is not the tool for you. You might have better luck with the likes of MailChimp, AWeber, and ActiveCampaign.
Now, over to you. How would you rate SendX? And do you think it can potentially challenge its established competitors in the near future?
New users will also get instant access to most of these features on a 14-day free trial. Hopefully, this comprehensive review will help you decide whether SendX aligns with your business needs.
Click here to take advantage of SendX’s 14-day free trial. No credit card is required.
So, if you’re a small to medium business owner, professional blogger, course creator, or digital marketer seeking an incredibly simple tool for automated campaigns, SendX is certainly worth considering.