What do you think is the single biggest marketing mistake that small businesses make today?
- Is it setting the marketing budget too low?
- Choosing the wrong advertising channel?
- Failing to capitalize on current trends?
No, no, and no.
According to Jay Conrad Levinson (author of the multi-million best-seller “Guerrilla Marketing”), the biggest marketing mistake can be summed up simply and directly…
“The Number 1 marketing mistake small businesses make is NOT creating a simple marketing plan… and failing to COMMIT to their plan.”
It’s true, I’ve seen it happen over and over again.
Someone will get a great idea for a small business and do all the work to get it up and going…. only to find that people aren’t necessarily going to line up around the block to buy what they have.
So they throw a bunch of money at a variety of different marketing techniques (usually suggested by a media rep who has their own agenda), all of which are 99% certain to fail miserably.
And sooner or later, the doors shut for good–while the entrepreneur is left scratching their head as to why their great idea didn’t work.
I’m reminded of the old saying, “People don’t plan to fail, they fail to plan”. That’s why Jay Conrad Levinson has developed a quick and easy way to simplify your marketing plan (without letting it intimidate you), in a way that doesn’t have to be complicated–unless YOU make it complicated!
He called it his “7 Sentence Simple Marketing Plan.” This thing is absolutely brilliant. And the best part is, it takes no more than 5 minutes to create.
Just ask yourself these 7 simple, direct questions.
Then write down the answers to create your 7 Sentence Simple Marketing Plan:
Ready? Here it goes….
- What is the purpose of your marketing? (What action do you want them to take?
- What is the main competitive advantage you stress to achieve that action/purpose? (What main benefit do you offer that your competitors do not?)
- Who is your target audience?
- Which marketing “weapons” will you use to achieve that action/purpose? (Expressed as a list.)
- For your market niche, what do you stand for?
- What is your identity, your personality?
- What is your marketing budget? (as a percentage of your projected gross sales)
That’s it. See how easy that was?
No long, drawn-out document. No confusing spreadsheet. Just 7 simple questions to answer and voila! You’ve got the basics of a winning marketing plan.
But I know what you’re thinking…”Chris, are you SURE this is going to work for me?“
Without a doubt–YES! And here’s why…
In my years of experience as an entrepreneur and small business owner, I’ve seen more marketing tactics, strategies, and techniques than I can remember…
And I can say this with absolute certainty:
Even the most mediocre marketing WITH commitment will always outperform brilliant marketing WITHOUT commitment.
So sit down right now and create your “7 Sentence Simple Marketing Plan.”
Then I want to hear what you think about it, specifically:
- How did this exercise bring clarity to the marketing tasks you must perform?
- How do you think your new “7 Sentence Simple Marketing Plan” will affect your business in the next 30 days?
- And how much more confidence do you have this very moment, that you will EASILY be able to commit to your “7 Sentence Simple Marketing Plan?”
Hit “reply” with your answers and we’ll talk again soon.
To higher profits,
Are You Curious And Interested In Having Me Work On A Marketing Project For You?
There’s a reasonable set of criteria that needs to be met in order for us to work together:
- You should have a business that’s already bringing in money
- You should have an advertising budget
- You should have a good product or service that delivers on its promises.
If you don’t meet the above requirements,
Please don’t bother reaching out to me.
I Take on ONLY 2 Clients a Month.
If you’re interested in working with me,
The major challenge(s) you’re having with your marketing,
And what you hope we can achieve together
If I feel I can help YOU,
I will get back to you quickly and we’ll schedule a call
After which I’ll create a strategic plan of action to take your business from where it is, to where you want it to be
And in the process, you’ll also get.
• Solid critique on your sales copy
• Specific tactical advice on a business move or a new marketing campaign
• Cutting edge marketing tips to scale your business without leaking money