HOW TO GET VERIFIED ON TWITTER – A STEP BY STEP GUIDE
Getting verified on Twitter is doable. In fact, now, it is very much easier than you might think. Once was when you had to wait to be handpicked by the people at Twitter – when only the big guns got verified. Now, you can get a blue tick on your profile even if you are not Eminem and, as I said earlier, it is even easy. Having a verified Twitter as an entrepreneur has its perks. I enjoy them, and I’ll show you exactly how to go about yours.
My verified Twitter account
- Complete all sections of your profile
If you haven’t, that is. The sections include a profile picture, cover photo, name, website, birthday, and bio. Just click on the ‘Edit Profile button at the right of your profile to quickly complete your profile.
- Confirm your email address and phone number
If you haven’t verified your email address and phone number, head over to the ‘Account’ and ‘Mobile’ sections of your profile to get them verified.
- Set the privacy of your tweets to ‘Public’
To do this, go to the ‘Security and privacy’ section of your settings page and uncheck the ‘Protect my Tweets’ box if it is checked.
- Request for verification by submitting a Twitter verification form
Go to https://verification.twitter.com/welcome and fill out the form accordingly.
And that’s all.
You can do the following to increase your chances of getting verified:
- Have a current pertinent cover photo. As an artist, a cover photo that shows you’re an active artist should be used.
- Submit more than two links when filling out your verification form.
- Let your account be as active as possible.
- Be as convincing as possible when you explain why your account should be verified. Explain how it will help you and your followers, e.g. when you’re being confused for another user etc.